Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group
Introduction to the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group
Mission Statement: To develop and maintain a research portfolio that provides guidance to assist ICS asset owners in enhancing the security of their production sites connected to the cloud.
Download the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group Charter
As ICS advance to IoT, ICS is connecting to the cloud, and the risk of cyber-attacks is increasing more than ever before. Noteworthy advanced cyber-attacks have occurred in recent years (e.g. Stuxnet, German Steal Mil, Ukrainian Power Grid, etc.). On the other hand, asset owners understand cyber risks to connect ICS to external networks including cloud, but there are challenges to mitigate cyber risks due to system specifications differences between information systems and ICS.
The ICS Security Working Group (WG) aims to develop security guidance to encourage asset owners and device manufacturers worldwide towards adopting best practices to secure ICS. The WG aims to work on the following:
- First guide for starting cyber security of ICS – environmental changes of ICS, necessity for implementing measures, challenges of risk mitigation in ICS, practices to build up security enhancement activities.
- Practical security controls of ICS security – network separation, access control, portable media device management, system vulnerability management, threat management, incident handling, etc.
Scope and Responsibilities
The scope for the ICS Security WG includes, but is not limited to:
- Develop more situational awareness for asset owners and device manufacturers
- Enlighten C-level on ICS security requirements
- Business and system use cases of ICS connected to cloud
- Cyber-attack trends of ICS
- Cyber security risk analysis based on use cases
- Analysis of ICS challenges – Awareness, organization and process, knowledge, technology
- Industry specific standards, regulations, and risks
Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group Leadership
Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Co-chairs
Tadashi Onodera has extensive experience in IT strategy, organization management, security architecture and management. He formerly led cyber security services in ICS & IoT related domain.
Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group Initiatives
Please contact Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group Leadership for more information.
Thanks for your interest!
Your request to join Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security has been recorded. Someone will be in touch with you soon with more instructions.
Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security Working Group Downloads
No downloads currently available.